Abu Dhabi food, Arabian nights, Arabic food, Barasti, circuit, dimsum folding, Din Tai Fung, Dubai food, Lebanese, Mai Tai, mixed grill platter, Palace Cappuccino, Spice Souk, Tiki Puca Puca, UAE highlights, zip trip
On a zippy, super-short trip to Abu Dhabi/Dubai? Call yourself a street-savvy gourmand? This is how you should be eating and drinking your way around town. So loosen your belt, and get ready for a whirlwind food trail through the two most exciting cities in the UAE!
Abu Dhabi… where everything is gold and shining!
- Deliciously tender and smoky Mixed Grill Platter (Shish Tawouk, Arayes, Seekh Kebab and Lamb Chops) at Lebanese Mill
- Wholehearted Mutton Biryani, and squishy Wine Leaves at Lebanese Flower (Zahrat Labnan)
- A high-energy, entertaining Teppenyaki dinner with fire, knives and food theatre at Benihana
- Palace Cappuccino topped with REAL GOLD Flakes at the Emirates Palace
- A Mai Tai (or three!) or the potent Tiki Puca Puca, with peppy live Mexican music at Trader Vic’s
Dubai… where everything is sky-high and buzzing!
- Mixed Grill Platter and Avocado Milkshake (hold the cream) at Al Mallah
- Best Shawarma at Aroos Damascus, home-style Lebanese at Al Safadi
- Pocket-friendly, Michelin-star (an oxymoron that actually exists!) gorgeous Asian fare with amazing dumplings at Din Tai Fung at the Mall of Emirates – don’t miss the ‘science lab’ with chefs huddled over a table, secretly conspiring (it sure looks like!) and folding delicate dumplings intricately by hand by the hundreds 😯
- A walk through the Spice Souk nibbling at candied nuts, Baklavas and dates with heady whiffs of aromatic spices
- A drink or two at the hip and cool Barasti Beach Bar at Le Meridien
And a bonus for those deprived souls in serious need of their Beef fix – a simple, classic, squelchy-cheesy Burger with Milkshake and Chilli Fries at Johnny Rocket… because you really want to!
Got more time on hand? There’s a lot more where these came from!
So… ready for Round Two? 😉
Pssst! A special shout out to Chef Vikas Seth who I think was testing my bingeing limits with his never-ending list of favourite food haunts. Chef, I am still alive and kicking, no thanks to you! 😈😈😈